Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Foodies

If you are at all as interested in food as I am, then you must check out "Diary of a Foodie". It is a show on PBS but you can download the episodes on itunes from www.diaryofafoodie.org
Only season one is available with the full episodes, but there are quite a few so it will take you a little while to get through those. The first episode is about China, and the only problem with this show is that I immediately want to pick up and go to wherever they are showing food. I also have an obsession with cookbooks, so this show does nothing to quell that.
I also am loving the book Hungry Planet: What the World Eats, which photographs families around the world with a week's worth of their food (prepared and ingredients). It is fascinating, and the best part, is that there is a recipe for every section. It does make me feel sick when I look at the American families versus a refugee family in Bhutan (it even breaks down how much everything costs). The stories are amazing and I think that if everyone should get this book, and no one even paid me to say that.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

this just showed up on my rss feed. you meant to go public again?

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

woah what a nice surprise to see you on my google reader. I put this as a shared post for my food blog